Nearly 2 months into an investigation on child abuse allegations, Brad Pitt has been officially cleared of wrongdoing by the Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS). This comes as a major breakthrough for the actor who was blindsided by the divorce petition filed by estranged wife, Angelina Jolie, on September 19.
According to E!, the Los Angeles department of the DCFS stated that it had ended the investigation into the September 14 incident which allegedly involved the 52-year-old and his eldest son, Maddox, aboard a private jet, on Wednesday, noting that the father of 6 did not commit any child abuse..
In a statement by Angelina Jolie’s rep, the 41-year-old said;
“The job of the DCFS is to make sure the children are in a safe and secure situation. As we said earlier this week, childcare professionals encouraged a legal agreement accepted and signed by both sides that was in the best interest of the children. Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their 8-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal.”
A few days ago, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie had reached a custody agreement for their six children. In the agreement, the ‘Maleficient’ actress would maintain sole physical custody of all 6 children as filed in the divorce petition while Pitt would have
“therapeutic visits” and share legal custody alongside Jolie.
The verdict of the DCSF will likely improve Brad Pitts’s chances of joint physical custody if he pursues it in the future.